Candidates who want to get admissions in engineering, medical and dental colleges in the state of Karnataka have to be eligible by satisfying certain criteria of COMEDK UGET. The course-wise COMEDK UGET 2020 eligibility criteria are as follows:
Following are the eligibility criteria for candidates applying for COMEDK 2020 (Engineering courses):
- The qualifying examinations prescribed for admission for B.E. is second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination recognized by State / Central Government; the last two years of study shall comprise of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics with English as a compulsory subject.
- The General Merit candidates should have passed with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% in respect of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) and should have passed these subjects individually. Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Bio-Technology or Biology or any other technical vocational courses as one of the optional subjects. However, changes, if any, in the eligibility criteria by the AICTE will be adopted.
- Diploma candidates are not eligible to take the Entrance Test as there are no lateral entry admissions.
- An attempt in the COMEDK Entrance Test seeking admission to Engineering courses is considered adequate for figuring in the rank list.
Following are the eligibility criteria for candidates applying for COMEDK 2020 (Architectural courses):
- The prescribed qualifying examination for admission to B. Arch course is second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects along with other subjects or a 10+3 Diploma recognized by Central / State Government and having obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka.
- The candidates should have appeared for the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by the Council of Architecture with a minimum score of 80 out of 200 marks for both General Merit and Category students.