- Common Law Admission Test; There is no upper age limit for the candidates appearing for the UG program through Common Law Admission Test 2023.
- Candidates must secure the following minimum percentage of marks in their qualifying examination. The qualifying examination is 10+2 or equivalent examination with a recognized board
- 45% marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General/ OBC/ PWD/ NRI/ PIO/ OCI categories
- Forty percent (40%) marks or equivalent in the case of candidates belonging to the SC/ST category.
- Candidates who may appear for their qualifying exam in March/April 2023 are also eligible to appear for the Common Law Admission Test 2023 exam. However, they will have to produce proof of having passed the qualifying examination at the time of admissions such as a marks card or certificates, failing which they will forfeit their right to be considered for admission.
- The result of the 10+2 or equivalent examination shall be produced by the candidate, (this is important instruction) at the time of admission, failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the course for which he/she has applied.
- In case more than one candidate obtains equal marks in CLAT 2023, then the tie break will take place as per the following procedure and sequence:
- Higher marks in the component/section on Legal Aptitude in CLAT 2023 exam; high age;
- Common Law Admission Test exam will be conducted in an offline mode in 2023
- Applications are to be submitted online only from the website consortiumofnlus.ac.in.
- The date of the examination has been fixed on December 18, 2022, from 2 PM to 4 PM. (subject to modification of any information and process in case of need)
- Indian citizens/NRI/PIO/OCI seeking admission in any UG program will appear in CLAT 2023.
- Foreign nationals interested students need not appear for the test
- For any information related to 22 NLUs, candidates may refer to the e-brochures of the respective institutes available on the Consortium website.
- For NRI/NRI sponsored/Foreign National seats, applicants are advised to refer to the e-brochure as well as the websites of the respective NLUs for further details. All NRI category candidates will have to appear for CLAT 2023 exam for those NLUs where the such category is admitted through CLAT 2023 ranking and not directly admitted by the respective universities. Please note that for admission to these categories, you will have to apply directly to the concerned NLU, in addition to appearing for the CLAT exam. For more details please visit the NLU website.
- Information regarding courses offered along with admission, reservation policies, and fee structure of various participating National Law Universities is available in the Information Brochure which can be accessed from the official website of CLAT and also from the websites of participating NLUs. Therefore, candidates are advised to thoroughly read the rules, policies, and fee structure of the participating NLUs before filling out the application form for UG courses and also for NRI and Foreign National seats.
- The information regarding admission, reservation policy, fee, courses offered, and subjects taught at various levels including areas of specialization, etc. have been specified very briefly in the e-Brochure. For detailed information regarding the same, candidates may refer to the information available on the websites of the participating NLUs.
- Candidates are advised to keep visiting CLAT 2023 website regularly for updates. The allotment of seats and offer of admission under CLAT 2023 will be provisional and will not confer any right of admission in favor of any candidate.
- The online enrollment for CLAT 2023 will open on August 8, 2022, and close on November 18, 2022.
- The application form, complete in all respects and after payment of the fee should be finally submitted and paid on or before November 18, 2022 (11:59 PM). Incomplete application forms will not be considered. Candidates must fill and submit the application form well in time to avoid the last-minute hassle. The CLAT office or the conducting university will not be responsible under any circumstances for any incomplete information or wrong information or inconvenience caused to the candidate in this regard.
- Candidates must first register themselves on the CLAT 2023 website using their personal mobile number and e-mail ID. Upon registration, an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number for verification. Once the mobile number is validated, candidates can log in using the registered mobile number and password provided at the time of registration.
- Please fill out the form carefully. The name of the candidate and parent(s) should be spelled correctly in the application as it appears in the certificate/ mark sheet/ identity proof. Any alteration/changes found may lead to disqualification of the candidature.
- Please note that once the application is submitted and payment is made, the candidate cannot change the program, category, and BPL area.
- An update of the application form after the closing date will not be entertained.
- The aspirant of LAW is required to read the instructions carefully before filling out the application form and furnish correct and authentic information. If the information furnished at any stage of the application, examination, and admission process is found to be false or incorrect or if there is any discrepancy or mismatch between the information furnished by the candidate and the certificates/documents in the relevant section. At the time of admission, the provisional admission granted to the candidate will be canceled with immediate effect without assigning any reason and the candidate will be disqualified from being considered for further admission in NLU by CLAT Consortium Office.
- After the declaration of the result, the candidate has to fill in their preference order for all 22 NLUs.
- Candidates are requested to correctly select the program (UG/PG) and category. Request for a change of program or category in the application form will not be entertained.
- In the event of force majeure events resulting in the cancellation of any test city or center, or an insufficient or excessive number of candidates opting to appear from a particular test center, the Convener, CLAT 2023 shall be at liberty to cancel and shift such city/center reserves the right of. Transfer the applicant to another city/center
- In order to claim the benefit of reservation, the candidate will have to produce relevant certificates as prescribed by the Government of India / State Government and required by the concerned NLU at the time of admission, as notified by them.
- Please note that the CLAT 2023 application fee is either not refundable or adjustable.
- The participating National Law Universities reserve the right to change the total number of seats and the division of seats as per their policy before final allotment. The reservation policy for admission is subject to change as decided by the concerned government from time to time as per requirement.
- If a candidate has filled out more than one online application form, only the last online application form of the candidate will be considered. In such cases, the application fee for previous application forms will not be refunded.
Best Law Colleges in India
Along with the online application, the documents are to be uploaded.
- Recent passport-size photograph with plain background
- candidate’s signature
- A cast certificate is required for applying under SC/ST/OBC
- If candidates are applying for PWD categories they have to submit a relevant certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Relevant certificate issued by the competent authority if you come under the BPL category
- Original certificates/documents issued by the competent authority specified in the brochure are to be submitted to the allotted university in the form and manner specified by the respective universities at the time of admission.
- There is no need to verify the photograph and signature of the candidate while submitting the online application form.
- All the documents/certificates students have to upload in PDF format only, it is mandatory.
CLAT Application process
The registration process for the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2023 has been started, and the last date is November 18th, 2023. At the official website of consortiumofnlus.ac.in.Candidates can fill out the online application.
The exam will be conducted on December 18, 2022, in offline mode. Candidates who have passed class 12 or will be appearing in board exams are eligible to apply for UG-CLAT 2023, while those who have completed or are in the final year of LLB are eligible to apply for UG-CLAT 2023.
CLAT 2023 Steps to apply
Step 1: Visit the official website consortiumofnlus.ac.in
Step 2: click on the link ‘Click here, on the homepage.
Step 3: Click on the ‘Register’ button at the bottom of the log-in window
Step 4: Register using details, verify
Step 5: Fill out the Form, Upload Images, and Submit the Form
First, the consortium had scheduled two trials in 2022. The first session was held in May. The consortium has reduced the counseling fee from Rs 50,000 to Rs 30,000 for unreserved category candidates. The fee will be Rs. 20,000 for reserved category students.
There are a total of 150 questions for the UG exam. There are 5 sections in CLAT which are – Quantitative Techniques, Current Affairs & General Knowledge, English, Logical Reasoning, and Legal Reasoning. One mark is given for the correct answer and a 0.25 mark is deducted for the wrong answer.
CLAT Application fee
- For the application fee, students have to pay online only.
- Application fee for General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI candidates: Rs.4,000/-
- Application fee for SC/ST/BPL category candidates: Rs.3,500/-
- The previous years’ question papers cost Rs.500/-
- Candidates will have to bear the bank transaction charges themselves for depositing the fee online. The actual bank transaction fee will be displayed on the payment gateway page after the candidates choose the mode of payment.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
CLAT Admit Card / Hall Ticket
- The students can log in with his/her account and download the Admit Card / Hall Ticket. The exact date for hall tickets downloaded to be made available will be notified on the website.