NEET UG 2021 Counseling: While the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) has not yet released the notification for All India Quota NEET UG 2021 counseling, several states have started, and some state not yet started the undergraduate medical counseling for their seats.
While the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) has not yet released the notification for the All India Quota NEET UG 2021 counseling, many states have started the undergraduate medical counseling for their seats. Admission to 85 percent state quota and admission to all seats in private medical and dental colleges of undergraduate medical seats is done through state quota counseling conducted by state counseling bodies. Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Himachal Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Karnataka and Assam are some of the states and union territories that have started the NEET 2021 counseling process.
NEET UG 2021 Counselling
NEET UG 2021 was conducted for admission in seats offered by government, private, central and deemed universities located in the state and India for 83,125 MBBS and 26,949 BDS. Apart from MBBS and BDS, admission will be given in AYUSH courses and 525 BVSC and AH courses on the basis of NEET State Merit List 2021.
For the course of MMBS and BDS state admission committees will conduct state counseling on the basis of NEET-UG 2021 state rank list. NEET 2021 for the candidates who have qualified in the entrance test in the government and private colleges of the state will be done through the state merit list.
To qualify for NEET UG 2021 counseling of candidates their own state, they need to secure a minimum qualifying percentage and marks corresponding to it. Also, the candidates included in the state merit list of NEET 2021 have to fulfill certain eligibility criteria of the state from they belong, including domicile, qualification and others. Candidates seeking more information on NEET state-wise rank or merit list can check the article given below.
NEET UG 2021 Counselling; List of state that started counseling for admission
Recently, MCC has notified that NEET 2021 counseling will be conducted in four rounds. The committee has made some other changes in the AIQ NEET counseling policy wherein the All India quota seats which were earlier returned to the states after Round 2 counselling, will now continue to be filled in the Mop up and Stray vacancy rounds of AIQ counselling.
List of State wise NEET UG 2021 Counselling started and yet to be start
|MP||Department of Medical Education, Madhya Pradesh||Counselling Started||dme.mponline.gov.in|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Directorate of Higher and Technical Education, Arunachal Pradesh||Counselling started||apdhte.nic.in|
|Bihar||Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECE)||Yet to start counselling||bceceboard.bihar.gov.in|
|Rajasthan||Government Dental College (RUHS College of Dental Sciences), Jaipur.||Counselling Started||rajneetug2021.com|
|Tamil Nadu||Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Tamil Nadu||Counselling Started||tnmedicalselection.net|
|Karnataka||Karnataka Examination Authority||Counselling Started (Extended date)||kea.kar.nic.in|
|Assam||Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Assam||Counselling Started||dme.assam.gov.in|
|Himachal Pradesh||Atal Medical & Research University, HP||Counselling Started||amruhp.ac.in|
|Punjab||Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS)||Counselling Started||bfuhs.ac.in|
|Gujarat||Admission Committee for Professional Graduate Medical Courses (ACPUGMEC)||Counselling Started||medadmgujarat.org|
|AP NEET||Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada||Counselling Started||ntruhs.ap.nic.in|
|Maharastra||State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra||Yet to start counselling||cetcell.mahacet.org|
|UP||Directorate General of Medical Education and Training, Uttar Pradesh||Yet to start counselling||upneet.gov.in|
|Kerala||Office of the Commissioner of Entrance Examinations (CEE), Kerala||Yet to start counselling||cee.kerala.gov.in|
|West Bengal||Department of Health and Family Welfare||Yet to start counselling||wbmcc.nic.in|
|Odisha||Odisha Joint Entrance Examination Committee||Yet to start counselling||ojee.nic.in|
|Haryana||Directorate of Medical Education and Research (DMER), Haryana||Yet to start counselling||dmer.haryana.gov.in|
|Chhattisgarh||Directorate of Medical Education||Yet to start counselling||cgdme.in|
|Goa||DTE Goa||Yet to start counselling||No update on official website|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu and Kashmir Professional Entrance Examination Board||no update||jkbopee.gov.in|
|Jharkhand||Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board||no update||jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in|
How NEET UG 2021 state-wise rank list will be prepared?
As per the standardized exercise, NEET 2021 qualified candidates will have to go through the eligibility criteria and fill the application form available in online or offline mode. Based on the details filled during registration by candidates, the authority will prepare and release the state rank list of NEET 2021 based on the marks obtained in the pen and paper-based examinations.
Moreover, many states release the provisional NEET merit list mentioning the details of the candidates. Such candidates will be required to report at the venue for verification of documents as well as verification of certificates. After the closure of the verification process, the state conducting authority will release the final NEET state-wise merit list 2021, which will be used for counselling.
Eligibility criteria for NEET UG 2021 state-wise merit list
Since, state medical admission eligibility criteria for domicile, schooling differ from others, but it is mandatory for candidates to complete class 12 or equivalent examination to pursue MBBS/ BAMS/ BDS/ BUMS or other medical courses through NEET Is. Along with this, clearing NEET by securing minimum cutoff percentile is also important to be considered eligible for 85% state quota seats and admission in private colleges/universities. NEET cutoff 2021 percentile and respective scores of previous years are given in the table below so that future medical students can get a better idea.
NEET cutoff percentile and marks
|Category||NEET 2021 cutoff||NEET 2021 cut-off marks|
Highlights of NEET UG 2021 state wise rank list
- It is to be noted that the state rank list is released after the declaration of NEET UG 2021 result.
- Before the start of the state level seat allotment process, states like Andhra Pradesh and Telangana will release the list of candidates who have passed class 12 from the particular state. The list will be released on the basis of the information given by the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) on behalf of the Medical Advisory Committee (MCC).
- All the interested students must fill the application form on or before the last date that announced by authority. On the basis of that provisional NEET state wise merit list 2021 will be prepared.
- Such candidates included in the merit list can report for document verification sessions, which are generally conducted in offline mode, along with relevant documents/certificates.
- Thereafter, the state authority will publish the final state merit list of NEET, which will be the source of calling the qualified candidates for state level counseling and admission process.
- States like Tamil Nadu usually release a separate merit list for government and private colleges for admission to undergraduate medical courses.
- Most of the states across India release the NEET State Merit List 2021 separately for each round of counselling.
- Since, the counseling for AFMC, Pune will be done separately, so the merit list for the institute will be released separately by the concerned authorities.
- MCC will release NEET merit list 2021 for colleges under central universities including BHU (Banaras Hindu University), AMU (Aligarh Muslim University), DU (Delhi University), and JMI (Jamia Millia Islamia) for admission.
NEET UG 2021 State Wise Merit List – Tiebreaking criteria
If two or more candidates obtain equal marks in the entrance test and apply in the same state then the tie-breaking criteria given below will be applicable
- The candidate securing higher marks in Biology (Botany + Zoology) in the entrance test will be given first preference, they will be allotted higher rank in NEET 2021 State Merit List.
- If the tie remains then preference will be given to the candidate securing higher marks in Chemistry
- Next step will be to give preference to the candidate with fewer wrong answers