The form of JEE Main 2020 (January session) has been released by NTA, on September 3, 2019. This exam is organized by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The last date of online registration for JEE Main is September 30, 2019. Only a few days are left for JEE Main registration. Those students aspiring to become future engineers should not delay in filling the form. JEE Main is the most important and one of the toughest exams in India. This exam is generally preferred by those who want to make their career in the field of engineering. This exam is meant for admission to various undergraduate engineering and architecture courses. Students can appear for the exam after completing their 12th.
JEE Main is the biggest entrance test for undergraduate engineering courses and a total number of 6, 46,386 students appeared for JEE Main 2019. JEE (Main) offers admissions into Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs), National Institutes of Technology (NITs) and various Government Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs). Due to its wide acceptance, its importance is increasing day by day. This year, JEE Main exam will be conducted in two sessions. The first session will be conducted in the month of January and the second session will be conducted in the month of April.
Important Dates for JEE Main (January Session)
|Release of official Notification of JEE Main||August 2019|
|Starting Date of Registration||3rd September 2019|
|Image correction Starting Date||13th September 2019|
|Last date of Registration||30th September 2019|
|Last date of fee submission||1st October 2019|
|Correction window for an Application form||11th – 17th October 2019|
|Release of Admit card||6th December 2019|
|JEE Main 2020 Exam Dates||6th – 11th January 2020|
|Results Declaration||31st January 2020|
Application form of JEE Main can be filled through online mode. The application forms of JEE Main for January has been released in the month of September. These forms are available on the official website of NTA that is www.nta.ac.in. Candidates can fill the form for the examination and can apply for admission to any institute with the best scores. Following are the steps to fill the application form of JEE Main.
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of JEE Main/ NTA.
- Now, Click on ‘Apply for JEE Main 2020’ tab.
- Here, enter the details like Nationality, Identification Type, ID number, Participants Name, Date of Birth, Gender, etc.
- Candidates are required to create a password and choose a security question from a given list and have to answer the same for future reference.
Step 2: Filling up the application form
Now, fill the details including personal details, academic details, contact details, exam details and after entering all the required details submit it.
Step 3: Uploading the required documents
Documents needed to be uploaded should be kept ready. The scanned copy of the required documents like 12th certificate, the candidate’s photograph, and signature has to be uploaded in the format prescribed by the authorities.
Step 4: Fee payment
The examination fee can be paid online through debit card, credit card/internet banking/UPI/PayTM. The examination fee varies as per the gender, category, etc.
After completing all the formalities, don’t forget to take a print out of it. Keep it safe for further use as it will be required in the future.
New Changes in JEE Main 2020
- National Testing Agency (NTA) now will be responsible for the conduction and organization of the entrance exam of JEE Main.
- NTA JEE Main 2020 will be conducted twice every year
- The exam will be conducted separately for BE/B. Tech, B.Arch & Planning courses.
- The Application Fee has been increased as compared to last year.
- Changes in Exam pattern have also been introduced. The number of questions is reduced from 30 to 25.
- The exam will be conducted in the months of January & April in online CBT mode.
- The age limit to apply for JEE Mains has been removed and any candidate fulfilling the eligibility criteria can fill the form.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to have subjects like Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry if they wish to appear for JEE Main Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Plan).
- Top 2,45,000 students who will qualify the JEE Main exam will be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced.
- Now, there are more than 3400 Practice centers are set up in the country for the preparation of the students.
Following are some of the preparation tips for JEE Main exam.
- JEE Main is not an easy exam, so its preparation must be started as soon as possible.
- Before starting its preparation, candidates must get acquainted with its syllabus and pattern.
- Once getting acquainted with the syllabus, the schedule for preparation can be made according to that.
- Focus on clearing your concept, once the concept gets cleared then it will become easy for you to score well in the exam.
- Develop a strategy to manage time during the exam.
- Practice numerous questions. It will make your base stronger and concept clear.
- Practice from Question Bank, Practice set to paper, etc. There are numerous online study materials available for practice, use them.
- Initially try to complete a particular topic of a section at once. Once you get completed with your topic-wise preparation then solve questions section-wise.
- Give some time to each section every day.