Common Management Admission Test which is commonly known as CMAT is the National level entrance exam for admission to Management programs offered by various Management institutes in India. This exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency for shortlisting MBA/PGDM aspirants who wish to get admission in top Management colleges in India. This is three hours long online Entrance test. CMAT exam opens the doors of many Institutes for the students who want to pursue their MBA or PGDM program from a highly reputed institute.
CMAT 2020 will be organized on January 28, 2020, in online mode and in two shifts as per the latest NTA notification. NTA will be responsible for organizing the CMAT 2020 exam. NTA, on its official website, has released the application form of CMAT 2020 which shows a green flag for commencing the whole process of registration. CMAT 2020 Registration has been started from the 1st of November, 2019 and likely will continue till November 30, 2019. Interested candidates who want to take the exam can apply for CMAT 2020 after going through eligibility criteria fixed by NTA.
|Full name of the exam||Common Management Admission Test|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Frequency of exam||Once in a year|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Validity of scores||1 year|
|Colleges accepting CMAT scores||1000+colleges|
It is very important to check the eligibility criteria for any exam before going ahead. There are no hard and fast eligibility criteria fixed by the concerned authority but there are some basic criteria that should be fulfilled by students for admission through the CMAT entrance exam. These criteria are
- The students filling the form of CMAT 2020 must be a citizen of India.
- Aspirants must have completed his graduation from a recognized university
- Aspirants who graduated in any discipline or stream can apply for CMAT 2020.
- Graduates in the Final year can also apply for the CMAT 2020 exam.
- No bar is put on the age of the candidate applying for CMAT 2020.
CMAT is an online National Level entrance exam which is conducted once in a year. National Testing Agency is the organizer of CMAT 2020. Application forms of CMAT 2020 are available on the official website of NAT CMAT, now candidates can fill the form. The following table shows the list of important dates for CMAT 2020.
|CMAT 2020 Registration Starting Date||November 1, 2019|
|CMAT 2020 Registration Last Date||November 30, 2019|
|CMAT 2020 Admit Card||December 24, 2019|
|CMAT 2020 Exam Date||January 28, 2020|
|CMAT 2020 Result Declaration||February 7, 2020|
Registration for CMAT 2020 has been started from November 1, 2019. Candidates who wish to appear the exam can fill the form of CMAT 2020 till 30th November 2020. The last date of payment is the same as the last date for registration. Following are the steps for registration:
- Visit the official website of CMAT i.e. cmat.nta.in
- Now, create an account here using a valid email ID and contact number.
- Enter all the required information like contact information, personal details, academic details and work experience, the list of programs to send scores, etc.
- Now provide your name and date of birth exactly as same as mentioned on the primary and secondary ID.
- A passport size photo of the required dimensions is also needed. This photograph will be attached to the admit card of CMAT 2020.
- Now the last step is the payment of the application fee. Any mode of payment can be used by the candidate, which is permitted by NTA CMAT.
The application fee is different for different categories and genders. The following table shows the Application fee for CMAT 2020.
|General and Non -creamy layer OBC||1600||1000||700|
|General EWS/OBC (NCL)||1000||1000||700|
Admit Card is the entry pass for any exam. Candidates not having Admit Card on the exam day are not allowed to enter the exam hall as it the most crucial document on the day of the exam. It acts as an ID proof of the candidate. CMAT 2020 Admit Card can be downloaded from the official website from December 24, 2019, onwards. CMAT 2020 examination is scheduled for 28th January 2020 by NTA. CMAT Admit Card contains very important information about a candidate and the exam like the Candidate’s name, Date of Birth, photographs, signature, exam center, etc.
- Go to the official CMAT website, i.e., cmat.nta.nic.in.
- Now click on the tab named as “Existing User”.
- Login to the website by entering your email Id and password.
- Here, on the page you will find a link stating ‘Download CMAT Admit Card’ click on this link.
- As soon as you click, your Admit Card will appear on the screen
- Check the Admit Card carefully and take a few printouts of CMAT Admit Card 2020 for future reference and use.
CMAT 2020 Exam will be conducted by National Testing Agency in 84 cities across India. Candidates will be provided the opportunity to select exam centers of their choice but the final allotment of exam center will be done by NTA. At the time of registration, candidates have to select three CMAT Exam Centers of their choice. The final allotment of seats is based on the availability of slots.
CMA T 2020 will be organized on a single day in two shifts, morning and evening. CMAT 2020 exam is a computer-based exam conducted in online mode. The medium of the paper is English only. Generally, objective type questions are asked in the exam. The question paper of CMAT is divided into four sections namely Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, English and General Awareness. A total of 100 questions are asked from four sections which have to be answered in 180 minutes only. Each section contains 25 questions which are equivalent to 400 marks. As per marking of CMAT, 4 marks are given for the right answer and there is a negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong or incorrect answer. No marks will be awarded for the questions not attempted by the candidate.
There is no fixed or prescribed syllabus of CMAT. The questions are asked from four areas namely Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, Logical Reasoning, and General Awareness. Language skill Section checks the candidates’ command over the English language. Quantitative Skill sections check the candidates’ Numerical Aptitude and Mathematical Ability. Logical Reasoning assesses candidate’s ability to solve problems of various natures. General Awareness section checks the general knowledge of a candidate.
CMAT 2020 result is likely to be declared in the month of February. Candidates can download the result from the official website of CMAT as soon as it is available. For downloading the result follow the given below steps;
- Go to the NTA CMAT website
- Here on the website, you will find a link ”Download Score Card”, click on it
- Now, Login using Log in ID and Password
- As soon as you sign in, your score card will appear on the screen
- Download the scorecard and take few print outs of it.
Cut off is the minimum mark released by different colleges for admission. CMAT Cut off will be released for each college, both course-wise and category-wise. Each participating college will declare cut off which will be based on the merit list released by NTA. Candidates who will be able to clear the CMAT 2020 cut off will be offered admission to various prestigious colleges.